Strategic School Improvement Group
The Strategic School Improvement Group (SSIG) are made up of Directors/Trustees of the Trust, the CEO and the Heads of Schools/Headteachers who represent each academy within the Trust. They meet termly to ensure that the Trust is achieving the highest standards and that we provide the best possible pupil outcomes.
Below is a brief summary of the Roles and Responsibilities as identified in the Scheme of Delegation:
To make appropriate comments and recommendations on such matters to the Trust Board on a regular basis on key areas.
The focus of the group will be on School improvement and will encompass Curriculum, teaching and learning, standards and pupil outcomes and all related matters to the smooth running of the academies. The purpose will be to raise achievement across all schools within the Trust.
- monitor pupils’ attainment and quality of learning;
- ensure the curriculum offer is relevant and appropriate for pupils;
- ensure that a broad and balanced curriculum is in place that helps protect pupils against extremism and promotes community cohesion
- advise the MAT Board on curriculum statutory obligations;
- contribute towards the review, revision and monitoring of the Trust Development and Improvement Plan;
The School Improvement Strategy group will consider future School 2 School support, implement programmes of support, be responsible for devising action plans, deploying staff and securing improvement within the wider context.