Northern Lights Learning Trust is governed by a Board of Directors/Trustees.
Academy Trust Members:
The Trust Board has respected members of the North East community from different sectors, including education, business and faith.
- A charitable Limited Liability Company
- Responsible for the Objects of the Company
Board of Directors/Trustees:
Receive delegated responsibility on behalf of the Members to run the academies.
This includes responsibility for: standards, policies, monitoring, finances, determination of committees with delegated powers, and for delegation of powers to the Local Academy Councils (any reference to Local Academy Council is also a reference to Local Governing Body).
Local Governing Body:
The Local Governing Body has delegated powers to focus on their own school, providing a context on their individual community needs and aspirations.
They are committed to their individual schools and:
- Develop collaborative practices with responsibility and accountability
- Help to set strategic priorities and plans
- Monitor standards and achievement within the school
- Ensure Trust policies are implemented and their own relevant policies are determined
- Engage with all stakeholders to provide outstanding opportunities, provision and improved outcomes for all children
- Support and challenge practices within the school.
The level of delegation will depend on the performance of the individual academy.
The current list of Members and Directors/Trustees can be accessed here.
The Governance-Scheme of Delegation can be viewed here.